There are many online and downloadable resources available that provide Albertans with reliable health information.
Many websites offer information about health promotion and disease management and prevention. However, not all Internet content is reviewed for reliability and accuracy. When looking at health information on the web, it is important to consider information from credible sources. Ask the following questions:
- Who hosts or sponsors the site? Is it a commercial, educational, government or no-profit site?
- When was the website last updated? Is the information reviewed regularly?
- Is enough information provided so that you can evaluate it for reliability?
- Is the source of the site’s information acknowledged if it is not original content that is being used?
- Can you easily get in touch with the organization that operates the site if you have questions or concerns?
Use the Accredited Links provided here as a starting point.