The Primary Care Network has enhanced the services of Alberta Health Services in immunization and healthy baby care due to the recent pressures of high population growth. Goals of the Public Health - Healthy Start program include:
- Increasing timely client access to well-baby clinics
- Decreasing the number of clients on vaccination overdue lists at any given time
- Increasing confidence in data accuracy
- Reached out to the Hutterite and Mennonite communities concerning public health issues such as nutrition, well-child care and immunization.
- allowed for school visits to update immunizations and health counseling
The Primary Care Network has enhanced regional staff and activities to further regional programs and standards.